Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Job, New Location, New House, What Next?

If you have been following my blog you know that I lost my job in June 2013.  I was devastated as that has never happened to me.  But, I am a strong woman and I decided to make lemonade out of lemons or maybe Lemoncello!  Hence my blog.  I have started my new job today, January 6, 2014 in Brentwood, TN.  Now that I have found a job friends have begged me to not stop blogging, so their wish is my command. I will now focus on my house hunt and finding new friends and activities in the Nashville are.




The House Hunt:
If any of  you have not figured out, I don't let moss grow on a rolling stone.  When I knew I was moving to Tennessee, I started looking at housing so I would have an idea of what I was getting into. I had no clue where to start. I was assigned a relocation agent and she gave me some guidance as to where the nice areas are which areas have the best resale values.  RESALE?  I haven't even moved yet and I have to think of resale?  I am nauseous thinking about this move, please do I have to think about resale already?  Well, yes, I do, everyone should think about resale for the very situation that I found myself in.

What do I want for my next house, hopefully the house I will retire in?  Big questions for which I didn't have a lot answers to.  The agent asked me to list what I wanted.  The best I could do was say look at my current house listing, that is what I want. I love my house in Indiana, can it be airlifted to Tennessee?  Well, apparently not.


The agent sent me a bunch of listings that I went through and I selected the ones I wanted to view this past weekend.  By the time I was ready to come down half the listings were already under contract.  GEEZ, a hot market to boot.  The agent picked me up and off we went last Saturday to look at houses before the storm hit.  The first listing the agent thought was going to be my favorite based on what my current house was like.  We walked in and both of us were taken aback at how dirty the house was.  I can't believe that people would actually leave a house dirty when they know that their house is being shown to a perspective buyer.  Granted, they house had granite counters, high end appliances, etc, but the counters were dirty and sticky!  The house looked like it had not been vacuumed in a month.

If you view my house you will notice that you can eat off the floor.  I have hand cleaned and waxed the wood floors, repainted all the woodwork, it is immaculate. Why on earth are people so dirty?  Needless to say I passed on quite a few houses before even going in the door.

My house in Indiana has had lots of activity, just need someone to show me the money!!












No comments:

Post a Comment