Wednesday, December 18, 2013

All I Want for Christmas is My House to Sell!


Well, I have been remiss in  posting since Thanksgiving, and I apologize for that. But I had a good reason which I will discuss here.  Several days before Thanksgiving I was offered two positions that are outstanding, from companies that I would be proud to work for.  I had a difficult decision to make, which one do I accept?  I promised both companies I would make my decision the day before Thanksgiving.  I was stressed out; would I make the right decision, would I pick the company that would be a mutual fit?

The first company to make me an offer was for a position that I did not apply for!  I was being interviewed for another role, one that I was very over qualified for, but I liked the company and thought it would be a great way to get my foot in the door. When I went for my interviews for a Director of Supply Chain position, I was told that my resume had been passed around and there was interest from other groups in the company and a desire to interview me for other roles.  They asked if I would be interested?  Of course I would!!!!  What happened next was a whirlwind of creating a new position for me: Asst. VP Consulting, HealthTrust/Parallon.  The company felt that based on my broad experience in healthcare that I could help them build the supply chain practice.  

The second company to make me an offer is a large consulting firm with which I have ties going back to my CapGemini days.  Great company, great people, again I would be proud to work for this company. They offered me an Advanced Senior Manager position with a fast tract to Partner/Director.  I would be building the Supply Chain practice as well.  

My conundrum was that both positions were great and offer advancement opportunities, both very ethical, both had fantastic cultural fits, compensation, benefits, etc. all wonderful.  So how did I make my decision? It all came down to timing, the offer I accepted was the first I received.  The second offer came a couple days later and with no other real differences between them I took the one that came in first.  



Now that I have crossed that finish line the real fun has started.  I am in the midst of relocating to Nashville, TN.  This will be my third corporate relocation, the first time around the holidays.  I also had committed to babysit my granddaughter in Massachusetts so I am doing everything remotely right now. UGHHHH.



Ok, who has applied for a mortgage lately?  WOW, it has gotten ugly what you have to do to get pre-qualified. My daughter doesn't have a scanner so I have become best buddies with the guy at Staples.  I have had over 100 pages of documents scanned that I had to sign, and I am not done yet.  The bank basically wants your next of kin to sign that they will name their next born child after the bank.  I actually had to write a letter explaining why Pier 1 Imports had inquired into my credit history 3 weeks ago.  I had gone to Pier 1 to ask them to help me stage my house for the holiday showings.  If I opened a Pier 1 charge card that day I would get 20% off my entire purchase.  Well I may be blonde, but I am not stupid and I took the deal. They did an awesome job with suggestions for staging. It looks awesome!

Here's hoping I get an offer on my house Carmel so I can start shopping for my house in Nashville.

The saga will continue.........

No comments:

Post a Comment