Friday, April 11, 2014

Mr. 95%

Where was I?  Oh yeah, Mr. 95% walked into the bar and we saw each other and smiled.  He looked just like his picture, nice! Most times men post pictures from ages ago and pounds ago!  The couple that I was chatting with looked him up and down, which embarrassed me tremendously!  He looked at them like who the heck are you??  LOL  So I explained why they were looking at him.  Mr. 95% and I sat down and introduced ourselves and spent the next 4 hours, yes I said 4 hours, chatting and drinking wine.  It was one of the most pleasant first dates I have had. We actually were the last ones to leave the bar and we left and we made plans to get together again.



I went home and thought what a nice guy, down to earth, friendly, attractive, and funny.  Who could ask for anything more?  What I didn't count on was that he moved at a speed slower than molasses.

A couple of days later a storm was coming in and I didn't feel like going back to the hotel so I texted Mr. 95% and asked him if he wanted to go to a bar and ride out the storm. He was in!  Sweet! We met a cool bar in Nashville and waited for the rain and storm to come.  It didn't take long before it was howling and blowing away.  Kind of fun to sit there and watch the storm, there were others in the bar doing the same thing.  We parted ways, but I knew I wouldn't see him for a while, he was going skiing with friends for a week.





So I continued to respond to guys who emailed me.  Some were just atrocious! Some were OK, but no one came close to Mr. 95%.  Remember Mr. SoNotMyType?  Well I decided to meet him for a glass of wine.  I mean, it was just a glass of wine.  I could have a glass of wine with anyone, right?

We picked a  place to meet and of course I got there early. Did I mention that I have a problem with that???  If I didn't, I do.  So Mr. SoNotMyType walked in and I thought "eh", not really my type but what else do I have to do?  So we actually had a pleasant conversation and moved to another wine bar for another glass of vino.  We parted ways and I thought there was no connection, no spark whatsoever.

I never thought dating would be this hard.  I am trying to remember if it was this difficult when I was a teenager. Oh yeah, that's right, it wasn't fun back then either!

In the mean time, Mr. VeryCute emailed and asked I wanted to get together for coffee.  "Sure" I said.  I won't find Mr. Right if I don't keep looking.  We made plans to meet at a Starbucks.  As I got to the Starbucks, I realized it wasn't a great section of town,  I went inside and the place was packed, not a place to sit.  There were tables outside, but they were all full as well.  I spied a McDonald's across the parking lot and called Mr. VeryCute and told him the situation and said I would meet him there.

Mr. VeryCute was even cuter in person.  Should a 54 year old woman  be saying a man is cute?  Probably not, but it seemed to fit.  We sat down and went through the typical questions 1.  What do you do for work, 2.  How many kids? How old? 3.  How long have you been here?  4. What brought you here?  5. What do you do for fun?.  We seemed to be getting along fine, then we got up to leave,, talking about getting together again.  He walked me out to my car, well he actually walked me to someone else's car.  They had Indiana plates and he assumed it was my car.  But my car was next to it.  When I told him that was not my car, my car was the THIS one, he kind of had a look, hard to explain the look but it was not a good look.


Needless to say, I never heard from him again, all because of my car.  It is a challenge to be successful and find a date.  I have found that most men are afraid of successful women.  That just because I do well I must be shallow or all about money.  Really? If I was a man it wouldn't be an issue at all.



It was a busy time for me, moving, packing, unpacking, etc.  so I put the dating aside for awhile so I could focus on getting settled in.

I couldn't wait for Mr. 95% to come  back from skiing...........




No comments:

Post a Comment